Albanian Erasmus+ Office in cooperation with Albanian HERE team will organize national HERE online seminar on: “Development of learning outcomes and competence based learning in HEIs”, on 11th of December 2020.
Albanian HEIs are reforming their study programs based on LOs. CBL is one of the topic to be better understood by HEIs.
This is particularly related with the labour market and societal demands. Actually, we are facing un-satisfactory level of graduated employment in the respective fields. The labour market requires skilled professionals in line with their needs.
Universities should do efforts in order to meet the labour market needs renovating the curricula applying CBL principles and design the program based on LOs. This process is a very important step in Albanian HE reforming policy.
This important change will be the fundamental base of the future strategy for what concerns teaching and learning that will help HEIs in Albania to move from traditional methods of teaching and engaging students toward a new vision, where they will be able to prepare students who not only know, but who are able to do and find the appropriate solutions.
The expected outcomes of the seminar are as following:
- Understanding of LOs development during review/design of study programs
- Assess the role of different actors when it comes to CBL through understanding their meaning for the mission and strategy of a HEI.
- Explore examples of CBL in teaching practices and understand better what this means to both of teachers and students, through different approaches for CBL in different professions and disciplines;
- Discuss the impact of CBL on curriculum and course development, including assessment and LOs;
- Assess how an institution may engage its resources for developing curriculum, working together on parts of curriculum or specific courses/modules, etc.;
- Adopt models and ideas from institutions that successfully used CBL and have LOs based study programs and best practices.
Albanian NEO kindly invites Vice rectors for teaching; Vice deans for teaching; Head of departments, Representatives of Curricula’s Offices of all Albanian HEIs to participate in the seminar.
Attached, you may find the draft- agenda of the seminar.