Albanian Erasmus+ Office in cooperation with National Experts for the Reform of Higher Education – HERE, organized the seminar on: “Supporting the efforts to strengthen the social dimension of Albanian Higher Education”, which was hosted by RTSH 1- HD through the show “Auditor Arsimi”, on 4th of July 2020, at 16.35-18.00
The show was moderated by Ms. Edlira Birko- Journalist of “Auditor Arsimi” on RTSh.
The key issues addressed:
- Paris Communique’ 2018 and some aspects of Albanian legislation on the social dimension in Higher Education.
- Inclusion and citizenship – key priorities of the Bologna Process and HE systems.
- EUROSTUDENT survey
- Criteria for awarding scholarships to students of special categories
- Strategies and practices of HEIs for inclusion and citizenship
- Quality Assurance and Social Dimension in HEIs
- Improving the admission policies in HEIs and supporting students of special categories in academic progress and their entry into the labor market.
The main objectives of this seminar were as following:
- Information on the Bologna process, policies and goals regarding the social dimension;
- Collection and processing of data for students;
- Strengthening support for student admission from underrepresented groups;
- Increasing academic and financial support for students, taking into account the aspect of the SD;
- Design and implement strategies and policies based on the social dimension and preparing students as citizens of the society;
- Increasing support for student mobility and for entering into the job market;
- Reflection of the social dimension in the Quality Code and its implementation;
- Familiarity with institutional strategies for the implementation of the social dimension.
Albanian Erasmus+ Office and the Albanian HERE team express their gratitude for the support of SPHERE for this activity and would like to thank Dr. Michael Gaebel (EUA), who contributed to addressing key issues and best practices by European Higher Education Area, in developing concrete strategies and practices related to the Social Dimension.
Attached, you can find the conclusions & recommendations of the seminar.