Which is Erasmus+ Office?
Starting from 2014, National Tempus Offices were transformed into National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO). They will continue to carry out the same functions and duties as for Tempus programme, but enlarging their focus also on other Erasmus+ programmes to which Albania will be eligible to apply.
Erasmus+ Office functions autonomously, representing the European Commission interests and it comprises a reference centre for all higher education stakeholders, potential applicants, beneficiaries and all other parties concerned with regard to Erasmus+ activities in the field of Higher Education. Education Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) support its functioning.
Erasmus+ Office plays an important role for promotion and advice on applications in the framework of Erasmus+ programme.
The role of Erasmus+ Office?
Among others, Erasmus+ Office exercises the following functions:
- It processes, promotes and distributes the information and documentation of Erasmus+ Programme to all Higher Education Institutions (HEI);
- It advises, informs and helps all persons concerned on how to apply to Erasmus+ projects;
- It carries out the monitoring and implementation of Tempus projects, which are still running;
- It supports and coordinates activities of national group of Higher Education Reform Experts, HERE, who have an advisory and supporting role in achievement of Erasmus+ programme objectives;
- It contributes to assessment of projects that will be submitted in the framework of “Capacity Building of Higher Education” component in Erasmus+ (ex-Tempus projects);