Erasmus + Office in Albania
Recruitment of one NEO staff
The European Commission applies a policy of equal opportunities.
Erasmus+ is the new European Union programme that supports projects, partnerships, mobility and dialogue in education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020. Built on the experience and success of existing programmes, it aims at boosting skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work in the EU and in its partner countries all over the world. Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
The Erasmus+ Programme is managed by the European Commission with the support of its Executive Agency (EACEA) in Brussels. The National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO) assists the Commission, the EACEA and the Partner Country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme.
For additional information on Erasmus +, please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm
Recruitment of a staff member for the Erasmus+ Office in Albania (NEO)
The mandate of the Erasmus+ Office in Albania covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the international dimension of Erasmus+ activities in higher education (in Key Actions 1, 2 and 3).
Start date for Employment: 02 January 2015
Salary: to be defined based on the references proposed by the EACEA in line with common local market prices for the tasks to be performed
Workload: full time position
Description of the post:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
- Contribute to the promotion, information and follow up of Erasmus+ and other relevant EU programmes: to inform the higher education institutions and all other interested parties about developments regarding Erasmus+ programmes of interest to the higher education field; contribute to organise Information Days and training sessions;
- Support to the provision of advice to potential applicants at local level interested to apply for Erasmus+ in the field of higher education; provide assistance to find partners.
- Support to the consultation procedures during the selection process for Erasmus+ Key Action 2 – Capacity Building in Higher Education.
- Assist grant holders and partners in project follow-up and for grant agreements requirements; help in follow-up and monitoring of on-going projects in Albania; follow-up the sustainability of completed projects; support the dissemination of project results.
- Support in follow up of higher education issues: briefing papers and notes, as well as reports on the implementation and progress of projects in which the higher education institutions in Albania are involved. Support the activities of the Erasmus+ Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs).
- Work in full respect of the NEO Code of Conduct; respect the rules and procedures for the functioning of the office; support in drafting NEO implementation reports.
- Liaise, when required from the NEO coordinator, with the Executive Agency (EACEA), the other NEOs and the European Commission and with other bodies and organisations operating in higher education;
Minimum requirements for the post
- University degree;
- High experience required in communication (drafting/writing reports, presenting programme objectives and results, etc.).
- Good knowledge of the higher education system and policies in the country;
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written). (English language certificates must be provided. In addition, a part of the interview will be carried out in English).
Other experience to be considered:
- Previous experience in the preparation, management of international projects and more preferably in the field of Higher Education;
- Good knowledge of Tempus and Erasmus Mundus programme and understanding of the main features of Erasmus+ programme;
- Team spirit, commitment as well as a strong sense of initiative;
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good computer literacy (word, excel, power point);
- Knowledge of another EU language would be an advantage
- Readiness to travel extensively both inside and occasionally outside Albania.
How and Where to apply
Motivation letter in Albanian and CV (only Europass model) to be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the following in your email subject title: “Application – NEO staff”
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2014
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to each applicant. In a second stage, a second acknowledgement for the interviews will be sent only to the short-listed applicants.
The selection procedure will be carried out in cooperation with the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels.
Interviews for the short-listed candidates only Mid-December 2014, in Tirana (dates to be published soon)