The Western Balkans Alumni Association (WBAA) is a regional association of alumni from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo and Serbia who have spent part of their studies, traineeship or voluntary activities in one of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries, either as an EU or non-EU country scholar or as a self-funded individual.
Officially launched in March 2018, WBAA was born from the EU’s Western Balkans Platform on Education and Training in 2014. WBAA is supported and funded by the European Commission.
Today, the association brings together all the relevant actors in the Western Balkan to make sure that the young people’s voices in the region are heard loud and clear.
During sessions and various formats organised by WBAA members for WBAA members on a regular basis, experts from different departments, professional fields and regions are invited to provide important information about mobility programmes, professional trainings, organisational structures etc.
WBAA objectives are:
- Establishing a strong union of alumni from the Western Balkans
- Promoting mobility opportunities in Europe and beyond
- Sharing experience by supporting and mentoring students
- Increasing employability through the exchange of best practice, experience and contacts
- Empowering and inspiring young people to achieve their goals
- Contributing to the modernisation of higher education systems back home
- Liaising with other alumni associations in the EU and beyond
Keep in touch with WBAA:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Application link: https://www.western-balkans-alumni.eu/membership/
Structure of WBAA:
Regional Board: 2 National Representatives per each WB country – 12 Board members
5 Departments: Research, Projects, Internal Affairs, Academic & Career Development, Communication & IT
6 National Chapters: (1 Chapter per each country)
Albanian National Representatives
Klaudjo Kavaja firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisabeta Rada email@example.com